Down Syndrome Resources:
Favorite Apps related to Down syndrome/Special Education:
New Parent Resources:
- iWrite Letters
- Special Words (modeled after the Learning Program Materials) Presley uses this at school during her reading time
- Voice Cards
- Sentence Builder
- www.rubysrainbow.org - Ruby's Rainbow is a non-profit organization that grants post-secondary educational scholarships to adults with Down syndrome.
- Down Syndrome Resources Online - this is a very inclusive list of many Down syndrome resources, both national and international. (Thanks to Ms. Burke's 8th grade class at Monument Charter School for sharing this site with me!)
- http://www.stservic emovie.com - Amazing video on how an individual with Down syndrome transformed the grocery store he worked at - MUST SEE!
- 321DownStreet.com - Awesome website with Down syndrome awareness apparel and other productsArticles - articles that I've come across and think are worth reading!
- Buddy Walk
- Down Home Ranch
- Life is More Than Winning for Ourselves
- Lives Worth Saving - Organization to assist people with disabilities and their families with getting on a donor transplant list. It's amazing the discrimination that is out there when it comes to people with disabilities, including not placing a child on a transplant list because they have Down syndrome!
- "Onward, Crispy Shoulders" - this is a book that a sister (Mary Perry) wrote about life in Alaska with her brother who had Down syndrome and their family - he was born in 1945.
- Recommended Readings and Videos
- Sujeet.com - This is such an inspirational site - this is a "MUST SEE"
- The Teachings of Jon - A wonderful and inspiring site - you gotta check this one out
- Typical Friends - An article by Pat Alvarez of PATH
Ross Family Personal Links:
Dr. Robert C. Cowan
- My OB/GYN that delivered Presley - he is a wonderful, caring doctor who I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone!
- Pediatric Associates of Austin - Dr. Mirrop is Presley's pediatrician, whom we love!!!!
- this is where Presley went to school before elementary, and we were SO blessed to have found this wonderful place and director, Isabel Huerta! I highly recommend it for kids 0-6 with AND without disabilities!
- one of the most inspiring TRUE stories about a father's love for his son - this may change your life!
- www.growinggreenfinancial.com - Tim's youngest daughter Ruby has Down syndrome. As a financial planner, he helps families like his plan for their unique retirement needs.